|
Wolfeboro Historical Society Digital Archive Road Trips Town Markers |
|
This stone marks Town Park, created in 1967. The site formerly was occupied by a large hotel, built in 1847 as the Belvue House. After several name changes, it became the Ann Inn in 1921 and was razed in 1940 for a gas station. Town Park is the upper section of the park adjacent to the Dockside area. The lower sections are Cate Park, established in 1941. Cate Park doesn't have a marker.
(09/63)